Saturday, May 2, 2015

Aced It?

I'm considering making this a group blog for youth on the asexual spectrum (everyone can still read it and it's still going to be inclusive and cover a wide range of feminist issues; only the asexual mods would be able to make posts). I have a cousin who is aro and gray-heterosexual, so I'm definitely inviting her to join. And I have one friend who is sex-repulsed aro ace and another who is gray-aromantic and aceflux. I'm asking all of them to join, but we could always use more! Please apply for a mod position in the comments below if you're interested.

I'm looking for:


  • Anyone on the asexual spectrum (gray-aces are always included)...
  • Who is between the ages of 13 and 25.
  • You can be sex-repulsed, sex-positive, or sex-neutral...
  • Or you can choose to not label yourself as any of those.
  • All romantic orientations are welcome
  • All religions are welcome, but reminder that while we will discuss religious issues the blog itself is still going to be secularist and skeptical, and will not pander to anyone's religious beliefs
  • I'm the head mod. If I say you're gone, you're gone.
Preference will be given to:


  • people of color
  •  atheists
  • agnostics
  • pagans
  • Muslims
  • Sikhs
  • Jews
  • Buddhists
  • Bahai'i people
  • Satanists
  • women
  • nonbinary people
  • Disabled people
  • fat people
  • Autistic people
  • People in multiple systems (at least one of you has to be on the ace spectrum, and only ace-spectrum alters are allowed to contribute)
  • Polyamorous people (yes, asexuals can be polyamorous)
  • Sex workers (yes, asexuals can be sex workers)
  • Intersex people
  • Trans people
  • Poor people
  • People with any kind of birth "defect"
  • Chronically ill people
  • Feminine people
  • People living in developing nations (but you have to speak enough English that I can understand what you're saying)
Things that are not allowed on this blog:


  • Homophobia
  • Biphobia
  • Arophobia
  • Acephobia
  • Transphobia
  • Truscum
  • Racism
  • Sexism
  • Ableism
  • Fatphobia
  • Classism
  • Antisemitism
  • paganphobia
  • atheophobia
  • Islamophobia
  • whorephobia
  • Christian supremacy
  • femmephobia
  • kinkphobia
  • tone policing of marginalized people
  • silencing of marginalized people
  • nativism
  • erasure of marginalized people
  • comparing marginalized people to animals
  • objectification
  • hypersexualization
  • desexualization
  • Slurs
  • intersexism
  • binarism
  • cultural appropriation
  • Tucute

If this happens, the title I'm voting for is either Deck of Aces or Aced It.

8 comments:

TotallyFancyGoatee said...

Hello, My name is Freyja Harris

20 years old
Autochorrisexual, Genderfluid, Satanic (LaVeyan), unsure of romantic orientations name but I like women, hard to tell the name of it, Fat, poly(though not currently in a relationship of any sort), living paycheck to paycheck with my mum and sisters, on my way to getting a second job.

Like to be a mod if at all possible

Marion said...



14-year-old asexual/aromantic here! (sex and romance neutral). My name is Marion. I'm an athiest from a moderatly Christian family. I'm a white cisgender female. I may be autistic, though I am not sure. (I'm doing research and talking to people at the moment).

I would love to be a mod on this blog! I should be able to devote about If you need to contact me for more information, feel free to use my Skype, Marion Hamilton.

I believe firmly in a kind and polite approach to educating people about the LGBT+ community.

TotallyFancyGoatee said...

Oh dear I forgot to leave contact information,
Alwaysmycandy.tumblr.com
totallyfancygoatee.tumblr.com
fortheblogs6148@gmail.com

Radioactive said...

Freyja, you're on the team. Marion...probably not.

TotallyFancyGoatee said...

excellent, now I'm fairly new to blogspot so I'm not sure how group blogs work? Do you invite me somehow?

Radioactive said...

I'm not totally sure, but I think I just put your email in the 'contributors' thing. But we're not actually making any new posts for a few more weeks because I need to survive the last few weeks of eleventh grade.

Dark Wings said...

I'm an acflux asexual and bi-quiromanric and about to turn 17. I'm an atheist and apparently I have a light case of aspergers. My gender is cryptic but I know that it's nonbinary and somehow fluid. Anyways, I'm interested in applying as a mod for this blog; I'm really new to blogspot and I've never been a mod but if you think that I can be of any use count me in c:
ha_sonnendrache_ni@hotmail.com

Radioactive said...

Since this is an intersectional blog I don't want to have a whole lot of white contributers. Are there any aces of color interested in joining our team?