Sunday, July 13, 2014

Camping Trip

Some of you may have been wondering where I've been the last few days. The answer? I was camping with my youth group. Here are the highlights:


  1. I learned this awesome fortunetelling game called Kings and Queens that 'predicts' who you're going to end up with and how they'll treat you. I'll teach you how to play in the next post.
  2. I came up with this awesome idea for a screenplay that's basically a fantasy version of youth group. It's currently entitled Matthew, simply because the word 'Matthew' was on the cover of my notebook when I got it.
  3. My canoe flipped over once, and now I have a very interesting scar on my right arm from the incident. However, I had fun so it's all good.
  4. We kind of made friends with this random group of kids whom we met at the pavilion. They sang along when we started belting out Fall Out Boy.
  5. Christina dominated when we all spent an afternoon at a nearby arcade. She won a stuffed mouse in the claw machine and named it Louis, two bouncy balls in a game called Copy Cat, and a large tube of colored sugar. She is, by the way, very prone to sugar highs.
  6. I came up with an idea that I'm entitling Pride with Prose, which is essentially where LGBTQIA+ youth and their allies conspire to write literature promoting queer pride, anywhere and everywhere possible, and publish it to spread the word...and the acceptance, hopefully. I'd appreciate it if everyone could mention this to their friends and family, to help get the word out. Anyone is welcome to participate.
And that, friends, sums up the reason I've been AWOL for the last five days.

No comments: