Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Knitting!

I learned how to knit at age fourteen and kind of dropped it after a few months, but recently I've gotten back into it and am knitting a blanket. It's a bunch different colored squares, sewn together (well, it will be. I only have one square finished so far and I'm working on another), and the color scheme seems to be greens and blues, but I'll probably add in some reds and golds. The first square is two different yarns, a thick cream-colored one, I think wool, combined with a thinner blue-green. The square I'm working on now is a thick medium green yarn.

After a few more squares, I'm hoping to make a hat, scarf, and a few potholders. And after THAT, I might knit a knitting bag - in the colors of the rainbow, of course. I never really learned anything more complicated than a purse, but thanks to Google that might change :)

1 comment:

Radioactive said...

The potholders, should I get them done in time, can be Christmas presents.