Monday, December 1, 2014

Victory!

I won NaNoWriMo! 55,309 words!

Okay, the last three chapters were mainly the main characters swearing for several pages, but hey, that's what revision is for!

Also, the title is now Not Another Corny Road Trip Love Story, I changed Ani's name to Atea, and my English teacher is making me promise to make him a character (so I'm including this wizard guy who is like half him and half Dumbledore). It should be fascinating.

Other interesting notes: I am finding it hard to get used to using contractions again, not working on my novel in class (I usually get my homework done early, and since I'm pretty quiet, none of the teachers really care much what I do after that), and writing numbers as digits and not words again.

Also, I just want to say how proud I am of the other participants, especially a certain German blogger who goes by Betty and speaks amazing English. I know that this NaNo has been hard for her, because she based part of her novel on her relationship with her crappy ex-boyfriend, and I think she was very brave for pushing herself through that.

No comments: