Thursday, June 12, 2014

A New Beginning

Some of you may recognize me as Bess, one of the Bronte Chix. Yeah, well, it's a long and messy story but I may not be a 'chick' much longer. There was a bit of a falling-out...and, well, ahem. So what exactly is We are the Rainbow?

I chose the symbol of the rainbow because of how much it symbolizes: gay pride, hope, new beginnings, and God's promise to NEVER give up on humanity no matter what. All of those meanings are important to me.

I'll try not to mention the Bronte Chix after this, but on one of our posts I had a gay pride poem. The link is below if you want to read it. And, well, I think you can guess why the issue of gay rights might be so important to me. If you can't, that's okay too. Anyway, part of it is that I just can't stand the idea of discrimination. It just makes my blood boil.

Also, if anyone remembers the Hugs for Anna project everything for that will be moved here.

Poetry link:

http://thebrontechix.blogspot.com/2014/05/bess-day-of-silence.html

No comments: