Thursday, August 21, 2014

Is She Gay or Not?

Two posts ago, a reader asked (indirectly) if I was gay. And doubtlessly, many other readers - besides the few already know what my sexuality is - have wondered but haven't asked. So I figured I should address the issue.

First of all, my sexual orientation does not affect my advocacy. I would support equality no matter what. Second, if I were gay, it would not affect my faith in God. Third, if I were gay, coming out so widely and rashly would likely have uncontrollable fallout in other aspects of my life. Fourth, my sexuality is none of your business unless I choose to share it.

That's why I'm stating right now that until further notice, I'm choosing not to leave my sexuality ambiguous. Who I'm attracted to is my business and shouldn't affect how I'm treated.

Just wanted to let you know, everyone. Have a nice rest-of-the-summer!

No comments: